Sunday, September 21, 2008

16 yrs later, and a earlier bedtime.........


16 years ago Maryann and I, along with a few other close friends went on what we thought was the BEST TRIP EVER!!! We were just 16 yrs old, and my very trusting very wonderful mom let me take Ryan's car to St. George for the sunshine tournament. We had a great time! Maryann and I just recently got reconnected, and we wanted another vacation together. It just seemed fitting that it be in St. George. We were able to do many of the things we wanted to do. See a play at Tuacahn (les miserables), hike in Zion's, eat at the pizza factory, and laugh at the lack of enthusiasm our husbands had for our nostalgic moments. Although many things have changed for us both over the years. Husbands, kids, being able to stay up past midnight. For me, it was as if time has stood still when we got back together.



A special thanks to our husbands, who let us be silly together again!!

3 comments:

Maryann said...

A few things that haven't changed - Maryann is always loosing her stuff and Maryann takes too long to get ready. I had so much fun. It was weird to take the boys WITH us this time. I still don't know why they didn't enjoy Whitney and Depeche Mode. I am sure Matt will be playing that song for you - maybe late one night - in the back of your van. Haha. So glad we went.

April said...

That sounds like so much fun. I loved seeing Les Mis down there, they do a great job!
Awesome catch at the baseball game last night!! My whole family was very impressed. I don't know if you heard Isabel cheering, but she thought it was amazing.

Peggy said...

I loved you both as teenagers and love you more as adults. (because you haven't changed a bit)
I am so glad to see you back together.

Peggy