Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Turns out,,,, I can read.

So it's been a little over a decade since I have read a book.(Not counting the B.O.M.) Turns out I can still read. Even better, I really like to. I started the Twilight series when we went to palisades. I was almost certain not to read them because I had heard so much about them, and quite frankly they sounded stupid. I gave in to peer pressure from the girls at work. I'm sooo glad I did. I am on the fourth book (breaking dawn). I am obsessed!! My son Taylor laughed at me because I was reading in the tub. However, I felt sad that he rarely sees me reading. I have a feeling that will change. Matt worries about what will happen after I'm done with the books. I'm hoping that someone has some ideas of books that are comparable!!!

6 comments:

April said...

I haven't read them yet for the same reason. I think Brittney is the only person I've heard of that isn't crazy about them. I've decided to give in and see what all the hype is about. Brit's bringing down the first one this week. So we'll see if it lives up to all the hype

MATT said...

IM STILL DEEPLY CONCERNED ABOUT THE WELL BEING OF ROBYN AFTER SHE READS ALL THE BOOKS. ILL HAVE TO INTRODUCE HER TO GUNS & AMMO THATS THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING ALL YEAR LONG..HEHE

Brittney said...

I'm so impressed that Matt comments on the blog! I have almost read the entire series now, and I still hate them. I just don't think she's a very good writer, I think if I were to know Bella in real life I would just want to kick her in the face and tell her to get over herself, and Edward has ZERO personality. But they do give me the mindless distraction I am currently craving.

Cambridge said...

I love the series too Robyn, I think that they are a fun read even if they aren't written as well as I think they could be, but hey props to Stephanie Meyer for writing and publishing them. I definetly have found myself wrapped up in them and have already finished reading the 4th book and moved back on to the 1st, which I just finished. I agree that it's cool Matt comments. Don't worry Matt she'll still be good ole Robyn she just might start trying to suck your blood at night while your sleeping. ( :

Maryann said...

I always knew you could read!! We each wrote a novel between us in notes (with nice little folded edges at the top to keep them together)! I love this series too although I have to agree (a little) with Brittney on Bella, sometimes she drives me crazy in book 2 and 3 with her whining. Good luck on finding something similar. Its the only series of its kind - that I've read at least. P.S. I love Matt's comment.

Helen said...

I read them too. Liked em. Excited for the movie. I recommend The Book Theif. It is a more serious book, but easy to read, and life-changing, I thought. It's in the youth literature section, but I think every adult should read it.