Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, try the pie.

Wow, where does the time go? It's almost Thanksgiving again. This year comes with some sadness. It is the first Thanksgiving without my Dad, and my Grandma Ollerton. I am so glad I got to spend last year with both of them at my parents house. My Dad always used to get excited this time of year for mincemeat pie. We used to be so grossed out by the thought of it. I used to think it was made out of deer meat, and raisins. YUCK!! Every year he would offer me some, and every year I would reply in the same sarcastic voice. "Oh could I please have some?" I never did try it.
I do have so many things to be thankful for. I am especially thankful for the gospel. I know that when this life ends, I will spend many special occasions with my Dad. Who knows maybe this year I will try some "mincemeat" pie.



5 comments:

Brittney said...

Sweet post...I don't think I could ever eat mincemeat pie either. The name makes me think of meat and mint mixed together-gross combo!

April said...

Love you! If you want to come by we're having dinner around 6 and always love to see you guys! And Henry's doing all the cooking so you know it will be good!

heather said...

My mother-in-law loves mincemeat pie. I have never tried it myself.

I love your new background! So cute for Christmas! Hope you guys have a good thanksgiving this year. Love ya!

Cambridge said...

Robyn you are awesome, your post was really sweet and makes me curious as well to maybe try mincemeat pie MAYBE....

The Scott and Camille Neilson Family said...

My mom used to make it for grandpa and when I was little I thought it had mice meat in it. I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to eat mice! I had lots of fun yesterday, we'll have to get together again soon!