Monday, November 10, 2008

Welcome to Nursery

Yesterday was Adelynn's first time in nursery. I was worried that she wouldn't want to leave me. Yea right, the second she caught site of the toys and kids she willingly went right to the stranger on the other side of the door. I was glad she didn't cry! I went to check on her one time, because in my mind she had to be crying by now. Nope still fine.
I even let my class out a few minutes early to go get her, she actually fell asleep. I was thinking wow she loved it! Then as I was picking her up the lady says "she might have a few bruises on her." WHAT!!??? She goes on to explain, "there was a little boy picking on her, his mom had to come get him." So of coarse I overreact and worry that she was hit in the head and that's why she fell asleep. I guess there are a few kids in there that are a little rough. So next Sunday she is puttin' on the gloves!!

3 comments:

JJ said...

My little guy reacted the same way when he started nursery last month. On the one hand, I am very grateful for the easy transition. However, it's hard to realize that he gets along without me,too.

At least that little boy wasn't a biter...when Kelly and I were in Nursery, we had a biter. AGHGHGHG!

Brittney said...

I'm sure you'll teach Addy some good moves to prepare for next week. You always were a scrappy kid!

April said...

It's kinda sucks to see your kids can live without you huh. You better be teaching that child some moves though, or send in her older brothers. I'm sure they'll take care of the little bully for her.