Saturday, November 29, 2008

Please, no autographs

This was the Daily Herald January 10, 1990. We were pretty awesome!



Recently me and four of my friends from my early teens went and enjoyed an afternoon together. This is just one of the fun memories we shared over lunch. From left to right Me, Helen (well her legs), and Brittney.Another memory shared is that of being dropped off at the mall on many occasions. We love to take pictures there, and buy a new flavor of wet lips. You remember the roll on gloss that was flavored. YUMMY! 1989!


This last memory comes with a sincere apology to my Mom. The girls remember me being very picky about a certain "greasy Bambi restaurant" and my mom took me to two other places till the princess found exactly what was pleasing to her palate. She should have let me starve!! It was such a great trip, thanks Mom for putting up with me. Also thanks Camille and Maryann for remembering me at my worst!! ha ha

There was a time, that not seeing them daily seemed impossible. Now 15 years has passed, things have changed for each of us dramatically. I feel very fortunate to be able to call these extraordinary women my friends!


4 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow...those pictures are so embarassing and so hilarious!

Helen said...

I'm so glad you kept some of that stuff. Too fun.

The Scott and Camille Neilson Family said...

Wow! It seems like those days were a lifetime ago, but sitting there at lunch remembering all the good times made it seem like just yesterday. It's crazy how fast time goes by and sad that we have gone so many years without talking or seeing each other. We absolutely can't let another 15 year go by like that again!

April said...

I love the old pictures. I remember Brittney thinking she was so famous to be on the front page of the paper, my Dad brought home a whole stack for her to pass out or autograph!:)