Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The end of yet another summer.......

Well we are just around the corner from starting a new school year. Taylor will be in fourth grade, and Coby in first, Matt in 14th? He is finishing with his associates in drafting this fall! He is my hero. He has gotten such good grades, and he has been able to work full time, be in scouts, and still be an excellent husband and Father! He is going to keep going after his associates, either to be a licenced surveyor, or technical management.
That means it's just me and Adelynn at home all day. I am excited for the boys, they are getting bored here at home. We have tried to do as many things as we can this summer, but with the cost of gas, and me working rotating Saturdays it has been hard. It seems time just goes by to fast. I am really trying to enjoy every day!


That doesn't mean we haven't had fun!!


We had our first annual Ollerton reunion at the Mapleton City Park.
My Uncle Kris did an awesome job organizing this fun day, which also happened to be my Moms 40th birthday!! May 30.

We started out with our first camping trip to the sandunes with the Bishop family. It didn't take long to realize that we had picked the most windy spot in the State. It was soooooooo windy we actually came home a day early.



(That doesn't mean we didn't have fun!)


For Taylors birthday, we went to Seven Peaks that was fun, the next weekend was the Allen family reunion (my Grandma Jacksons family) in Coalville. That was great!! We stayed overnight in a hotel there, and the kids swam, and we had a great time talking to everyone!



Shortly after that we went to Lagoon with Ryan, Susan, and Zachary for Ryans company party. It was very crowded, and the lines were long, but the kids loved it.

The 4th of July, normally we have tickets to the Stadium of Fire, however the tickets were sold out in a matter of minutes. So my Mother in law Janeen came up with something even funner. She got us hotel rooms at Park City. The kids wanted to jump on the tramp that you can do tricks on, so the "adults", I use this term loosely, decided to go down the Alpine coaster, and the Alpine slide. It was so much fun!! The hotel had an awesome pool and lets not forget the shopping and the gourmet carmel apples!!

Normally we go camping almost every weekend, so we had to make our second camping trip of the summer count!! We took our trailer up to Payson Lakes, and stayed in the campground. It was beautiful. We got up to the site around 10pm, and we were hot, so we opened all the windows in the trailer and went to bed. I woke up about 2 hrs later, and I was FREEZING! It was so confusing to actually be cold. It was a rough night for Adelynn too.
We decided to get an early start at the lake to fish. It might have been to late for the fish to be biting, but just the right time for our boys to start swimming. I think it was around 9a.m.
The day was filled with swimming, feeding potguts licorice, feeding Matt licorice, keeping Adelynn away from licorice. They humored me by doing the crafty things I wanted to do. Matt taught them many things about plants, ones you can eat, and ones that will kill you if you eat them. There is nothing more satisfying that sitting around a campfire with your family, the smell of pine trees and campfire mixed, no T.V, no Nintendo DS, just you and the stars, oh and the space station Coby saw. It is as close to Heaven as I can imagine.

I forgot to mention that Coby also found a solution to that pesky smoke that gets in your eyes while roasting marshmallows.



And lets not forget the many sleepovers at Gramy's house, swimming in her pool with Zachary, BBQ's with family and friends that make summer so magical. Here's to many more!

1 comments:

Brittney said...

Sounds like a fun summer... a lot more eventful than mine with all my blog stalking, tv watching, and reading I spent my time with. I love the picture with Coby and the swimming mask on-great thinkin!!