Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Stones have arrived.

Ever since I started reading the best blog in the world, I have wanted to try one for myself. The best being my best friend Brittney. So here goes nothing. Yesterday we made the very steep, very long, very beautiful hike up to Timpanogos Caves. It was the perfect day to go. It was overcast and a slight breeze. We made it to the caves with only minutes to spare before the tour. I guess I should have remembered to explain to the kids the rules of the cave. Our tour guide while very informative, was also very strict. I think she tagged my kids as the "rule breakers". They couldn't do anything right. Just as I was ready to say back off lady, she started in on another family. We were rushed through the cave no dilly dallying, I felt terrible for the people who traveled from as far as Washington to see this beautiful treasure. We were actually the only "local" ones out of a group of 15. I guess being in the exact middle of the fault line we didn't want to hang around anyway. Unfortunatly I was so ticked off, I had a hard time enjoying the cave.....However, I was able to vent the WHOLE way down the mountain, so the time just flew by. Sorry Maryann you had to listen to it all. All in all we really had fun!! The moral of this story is only go to the cave when Cory's cousin is working, and DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!!! Watch out everyone the Stones have arrived.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I am so so so so so so happy you have a blog now!! YAY! I'm also happy I get to post the first comment ever.
I don't think I have been to Timp in years, ever since I almost passed out from the hike up about 8 years ago. Looks like it was fun, despite the nazi tour guide. Great pics - it was fun to see Maryann after all this time!

Mr. Kelly Conroy said...

Timpanogus Cave is like 10 minutes from our house. Let us know when you are in the area. We might give you treats.