Saturday, May 2, 2009

Two birthdays and a trip to the E.R.




Coby and Adey share a birthday April 30. We have about 3 days of celebration!!! This year was pretty crazy. We opened gifts, that was fun!!





Then we headed down to the stock show. Taylor was showing a sheep. That was fun too. Then......




We were waiting for quite a while, and the boys got bored so they went outside to play. I went out to get them, and on their way back Coby lost a fight with a fence. WARNING the pictures are graphic! When I saw his arm, of coarse his first question was, "do I need stitches?" Ummm I hope that's all you will need, I thought. I calmly said yes honey you do. He was on the other side of the fence and he started backing up. Finally I got him over the fence, and he said, "can't we just put a band aid on it." I told him sorry this one is too big. He said, "how about 100 band aids?" I had to laugh. Seriously these are bad!









11 stitches later, we were home and finally we can have some birthday cake!


All the nurses at the hospital felt so bad for Coby, they knew it was his Birthday, so they got him a bag full of fun stuff. They were so good to him. I think he will defiantly remember his 7th birthday. Luckily they get two more parties, I am sure he will enjoy them more!


Happy Birthday to my sweet kids. I love you so much.


10 comments:

Helen said...

Oh my!

Brittney said...

Oh my gosh!!! Poor little Coby! At least it was only stitches.

JJ said...

Okay Robin...I have to ask...were you really that calm and matter-of-fact when you saw THAT?! You should have seen my reaction when I saw it on the computer. Thank goodness he's okay.

April said...

Oh poor kid! Wish I would have been there, but I'm glad it was a good trip

Isaac and Lea said...

NO WAY!!! I almost fainted seeing it on the computer...cant believe you stayed upright long enough to get him to the ER! Get well little man!

Tonia Nelson said...

I cant believe you could enen take a picture of that! My stomach is upset I would have died! Hope you feel better Coby and hope you had a happy Birthday!

Robyn said...

Honestly, I was pretty calm. He was so scared, so I knew I had to stay calm. I can handle that kind of stuff. As long as he is breathing and talking I am fine!

The Scott and Camille Neilson Family said...

Thanks for the warning! I too am amazed at your calm, I know I would have panicked!

jord and kate said...

how sad, he looks like a brave little boy. I miss you guys a ton!

heather said...

That is one tough kid!