Saturday, January 10, 2009

My poor little princess




Thursday night, Adelynn was climbing on my bed and got her foot stuck between the mattress and the wood frame of the bed. Somehow she fell and fractured her tibia. I wasn't sure it was broken, and she had been sick the night before so she was very tired. She fell asleep and the next morning I took her to my moms because I had to go to work. My mom called and said she thought I should take her in and that she wasn't using her leg at all. We took her in to our Dr. office and had an x-ray. I was so sad that I had waited to take her, but the office was so good with her, and were so sweet to me as I tried to pull myself together. I couldn't stop crying after they told me. It looks like she will be O.K. She isn't supposed to walk on it for 7-10 days. That will be the hard part.



I never thought I would see my little girl in a cast, but I love that it's purple. We are working with her wardrobe to coordinate. HA ha. Thanks to my mom for singing to her and keeping us both calm while they were casting her leg!! Thanks to everyone at work who are so understanding, and willing to cover for me.

7 comments:

Helen said...

Poor Adelyn! And poor mommy. I'm sorry that happened, but that cast is adorable.

Brittney said...

Oh, that poor little thing!! I'll be excited to see what dress you choose to coordinate with it tomorrow.

JJ said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's terrible that things like that happen to our kids and it's always harder on their moms. Believe me. I have a boy now and I know.

Good luck!

The Scott and Camille Neilson Family said...

Ohhh so sad...but she looks very cute!

heather said...

Poor thing...sounds like it was harder on mom, though. Usually is. :)

Maryann said...

Oh Robyn I am so sorry! I know exactly how you feel, I didn't take Madey in for 2 days for a fractured arm when she was 2 (she fell down the stairs). It is a horrible feeling. I love the pic of her drinking the soda the size of her cast!

Laurel said...

I have been meaning to call you for weeks now! I'm so awful! I miss you bad! Really bad!! We need to plan a Diet Coke run! Seriously!
When I broke my right leg I had a purple cast too! I can't believe how big she is getting!
I'll call you soon! Love you!