Friday, January 23, 2009

When it rains, it pours! Literally.

I do love the rain, in fact when I woke up this morning I heard the wonderful sound of water tapping heavily on the driveway, and I was happy. Then I realized it had rained all night. I said to Matt as he was leaving," I hope the basement doesn't flood!" Was it because I didn't knock on wood? I guess we'll never know because the basement had already flooded!! The wonderful sound of water tapping heavily was the result of our rain gutters malfunctioning. The water was just pouring out the side by the gallons, then making it's way down our foundation to the basement. Of course it was only really bad in the one room we have finished downstairs. We had to rip up the carpet, and take out the pad. Now we are just waiting for it to dry. ARGH!

Here's the good news, my ducks are very happy with their pools all around the house. I actually thought I saw them smiling;)

3 comments:

Helen said...

Yikes! I hate flooding. We've had issues here too....but not lately, thank heavens.

Cambridge said...

I am so sorry to hear about your flooding. Of course it had to be in your finished room in the basement where else would it have gone??? Well at least you have smiling ducks. Love ya :)

Maryann said...

That really stinks, I am so sorry. Of Course it was the room with carpet, OF course!!